Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Outfit One: February

Here is the first of my 12 outfits!  The joy of an Australian summer, in February a frock is an outfit unto itself.  Well, almost.  I made a necklace to match from the bones of a massive pair of earrings I never wear and some embroidery thread that matches the dress fabric.


I had originally planned a different dress, but as is often the case with thrifted patterns, there were some pieces missing.  Of course they were the pieces for the bodice I wanted to make so that idea was scrapped and I moved on to my back up pattern which I had been planning on using for a while too.  


I didn't want a tie belt for the dress so I made my first ever fabric covered belt.  I was really pleased with how it turned out, especially for a first crack!


Pattern: Simplicity 9744 View 3
Fabric: Mystery op shop score
Mods: I lowered the neckline by about 3cm and raised the hemline to just above my knees.


The outfit had its first outing on the weekend to the Moomba festival in Melbourne.  It was a very very hot day, but I was very comfortable in my frock, we even found a nice vintage car that matched the colour perfectly!

2 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! I love the material and the fit is excellent. Well done!

    strugglesewsastraightseam.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete