Monday, March 18, 2013

A Little Refashioned Blouse

Last week Joss and I wandered a couple of towns over to check out an op shop I haven't visited before.  As well as a couple of cute vintage kids patterns, some super cheap fabric and a pair of t-bar shoes, I found a couple of nice quality men's shirts in pretty colours.  This one is particularly pretty.  It was a men's small so I didn't have much room for tweaking.


I took off the collar and sleeves and turned it around.  Widened the neckline, narrowed the shoulders and added a couple of pin tucks to the new front.  Then I finished the arm holes with bias binding facings and added a somewhat crooked collar.  No hemming, no sewing button holes, minimal finishing!



The end result is pretty cute, fits well, the weather has turned too cold to wear it outside, not even for photos.  So now you get to see my cluttered studio, and look there in the background in the pic below is my skirt for March's outfit!




No comments:

Post a Comment